Friday, May 30, 2008

Spring Cleanse - Day 4

Day 3 was a bit more challenging than the first two days, but still went very well. Here are the detox symptoms I experienced:
1. I had a dull headache on and off but it didn't persist and was easy to ignore.
2. At one point I felt irritable and impatient when I would normally be more grounded, but I got over it quickly.
3. I was also tired earlier in the evening but I'm not sure if that was due to the fast or because of my hectic schedule this week. I haven't been very active physically and I've cut back on my meditation because of my deadlines. I can't do it all, so I do my best. On one hand fasting has been very convenient because I'm so busy and I don't have to take meal breaks, but on the other hand having the luxury of time for light exercise and more rest would be ideal.
4. I developed a thick white coating on my tongue - a sure sign that toxins are being released - that required a few brushings to remove. This morning the coating was back.
5. For some reason I had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. Insomnia is not usually a problem for me - although it has been in the past.
6. Oddly enough I didn't get very hungry. There were a few tough moments, but the lemonade works like a charm. A gallon a day seems to be the right amount for me.

This morning I woke up feeling famished and I drank three tall glasses, one right after the other, and then felt fine. Right now I'm feeling great and have tons of energy. Aside from my usual morning activities with Vito and our four kitties I've worked in the garden - growing my own food is a definite priority; worked on a section of my book - another priority; written a press release - part of my gallery curatorial duties; finally made time for thirty minute sessions of both yoga and rebounding - couldn't put it off any longer; meditated for one hour - aahhhh, and am now getting ready to run a few errands and get to the studio to work on my art! No detox symptoms except for another white tongue. I'm very optimistic as I make my way through day 4.

3 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Great progress! Hope your day 4 goes well. Have a good weekend Mary.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is the first time I have viewed this and am delighted. Go Mary!

Mary Laredo said...

Suzie - What a surprise! I'm glad you found me here! - Mary