Thursday, February 25, 2010

Juice Feasting, Days 1&2



Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted. Now is a good time to resume blogging since I started a juice feast yesterday and plan to document the experience.

I've never made more than 7 or 8 juices in one day before - and that was when I was juicing a lot. On this juice feast I'll have 3 or 4 quarts of freshly made juice everyday for as long as I can manage, up to 92 days. I plan to go the distance. This is beyond any cleanse I've ever attempted in the past and should take me through some pretty serious healing and rebuilding.

The longstanding problem with my dry, gritty, sunken eyes is a clue that something is out of balance and I believe the juice feast will help my body deal with that issue once and for all. A couple of weeks ago I started taking cod liver oil because of its Vit A content and its healthy fatty acids (DHA & EPA)- all good nourishment for my eyes. It also has Vit D and due to my past deficiency I plan to continue taking this oil while juice feasting, although it's not part of the recommended protocol.

I've thought about doing the juice feast for more than 2 years and now the timing is right and I'm inspired and motivated. So, no solid foods - except for bee pollen - for 3 months! I'll also continue with 2 teaspoons of cod liver oil, and supplement with a few other things that are detailed on the juicefeasters website. I started yesterday and had no problems whatsoever. By evening I was hungry and tired so went to bed early. Today was a breeze. I haven't had more than 3 quarts and that seems to be enough for me. As I continue, I'll have more juice if I feel weak or get too hungry. So far so good.

2 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Look at all that wonderful produce! Some yummy juices are in your future. ;) WTG on the juice feast. Hope all goes well on your healing/cleansing journey.

JuiceFeastingPDX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.